Friday, August 20, 2010

New Videos

Three new videos today, we're slowly working through all our footage & posting them to FlipShare and Facebook. I can't find a good way to upload and embed them here without losing a lot of video resolution, alas - if you know how to do that, let me know in the comments.

Here's Amani showing off a corn propeller on the schoolyard during recess - it's just a piece of dried corn husk balanced on a tree thorn, but it works well, doesn't it?

And here's the day we got charged by an elephant in Tirangire National Park - we drove off so fast that we lost a lens cap on that one.

Finally, one of our favorite pieces of film from the trip - this is Justin and Rama, cracking eggs into the overheated radiator to plug its leaks, while we're broken down on the road to Serengeti. I didn't add background music, because it speaks for itself.

(The other two film clips = music courtesy of freesound.org)

1 comment:

  1. Love your videos! I never thought of using eggs in the radiator--it's amazing how inventive they can be with the simplest of items. A charging elephant is scary. Glad you got away.

    You are way ahead of me. It's been 3 years and I haven't attacked my video clips yet or posted most of my African adventures on the blog. I'm glad you had such an interesting journey. Let me know if you want to borrow my 101 Things to Do with Kanga Cloth book.

    ReplyDelete