Monday, June 14, 2010

Three weeks & counting

We leave on our trip in just three weeks. Our visas arrived, very fancy stickers inside all our passports. The last set of travel shots is scheduled for later this week. I am assembling information for the house-sitters and working on a packing list.



As we begin to gather things that we know will go with us on the trip, we are putting them in a "staging area." So far it has the insect repellent and antimalarials and luggage tags and a bunch of ziploc bags and 2 of our sleeping bags... etc, along with two of the backpacks that will be going with us. The goal is to get everyone down to a backpack, plus one (or maybe two) big soft-sided duffels. We have two duffels that will have gone with us on HVO volunteer journeys faithfully since our very first one in 1993 to Bhutan. Talk about sturdy!

I took a picture of the staging table only because I know it will look very different in about two weeks...!

No comments:

Post a Comment